This is an opportunity for a career with one of the UK’s leading security companies. Based in our new modern facility in Somerset we specialise in providing IP network-based security systems and remote monitoring for B2B and corporate clients throughout the UK.
This position is at our Shepton Mallet office and offers an ideal opportunity to join the company at an exciting time. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial systems. You should have excellent organisational skills, the ability to work using your own initiative, self-motivated and able to remain calm when under pressure.
- Everyday use of Sage 50
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Managing and reconciling the company’s bank accounts, and liaising with the Bank
- Management and reconciliation of both the sales and purchase ledger
- Controlling both accounts payable and receivable, in a confident and professional manner
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Administering and processing staff expense claims
- Reconciliation of company credit cards
- Assisting with cash flow control and forecasting, as well as budget preparation
- Liaise with company accountants to produce reports
An accountancy qualification such as AAT, ACCA or equivalent would be advantageous but qualification through significant experience (minimum 4 years) will also be considered. You need good numeracy and problem-solving skills, work to ISO guidelines and procedures, and will need good hands-on experience with financial systems and demonstrate the skills to work effectively with data on Sage 50.
If you are professional and a team player, but also fun to work with – we would like to hear from you.
You should also have the following skills
- Computer confident
- Ability to work with Excel spreadsheets to a detailed formula level
- Positive mind-set, open to learning new skills
- Experience with corporate customers and finance teams
- Good communication and personal management skills
- Methodical and accurate in your approach to your work
- Salary £25000 to £40000 DOE
- Statutory employer pension scheme contribution
- 21 days plus statutory holidays.
- Free on-site parking.