IT Support Job Vacancy Shepton Mallet:
This is an opportunity for an exciting career with one of the UK’s leading security companies. Based in our modern facility in Somerset we specialise in providing IP network-based security solutions and remote monitoring.
Our second line support team are responsible for the more technically advanced system faults and customer enquiries that we encounter. We are looking for a competent and professional second line IT support person to join our friendly team. Training will be given in our industry-specific products and software. Salary is £22,000+ depending on experience.
- Supporting IP network based CCTV, intruder alarms, access control systems and Windows-based desktops/servers via remote management software within given SLA periods.
- Network/hardware/software fault diagnosis and resolution
- Communicating with customers via telephone and email
- Occasional availability to answer out-of-hours emergency support requests (rota-based system)
- Significant experience in supporting and troubleshooting IP networks.
- Significant experience in supporting and configuring Windows XP, 7, 8 and Server.
- Experience in handling and solving clients’ technical difficulties over the phone.
The successful applicant will be able to continue to operate effectively in high-pressure situations. Being in a position of privilege they must be trustworthy and must be able to fit in with our friendly team. They will have a confident and professional telephone manner and speak fluent and clear English.
Due to the dynamic nature of the industry and our continual growth the candidate will be able to thrive in a changing environment, and be able to contribute ideas and suggestions for improving the department and company.